Combi ovens are a big investment, but when compared to the cost of your overall equipment package, the purchase is worth the initial price. These versatile units make smart investments for the following reasons:
- Condense Your Cook Line – A combi oven can stand in for a steamer and a convection oven easily. And when set to lower temperatures it can do many of the duties of a proofer, holding cabinet, or slow cooker. While the upfront investment is more than any single piece of equipment, it's usually still more cost-efficient than buying multiple pieces of equipment.
- Cook More with One Oven – Combi ovens can roast, steam, sous vide, smoke, braise, bake, rethermalize, and oven fry foods. This makes them a great way to boost capacity or save on space by replacing multiple units on your cook line entirely.
- Precise Temperature and Moisture Control – Accurate controls cook at precise temperature and steam settings, for maximum customization.
- Programmable Menus – Programmable menus let you hard load or manually input recipes and cook modes. This turns even complex recipes with intricate steam and convection settings into the press of a few buttons.
- Increased Food Yields – By using both steam and convection in your recipes you can preserve flavors and nutrients, which results in a higher-quality finished product. This is perfect for meats since the moisture from steam helps to prevent meats from drying out and shrinking, keeping cuts tender and juicy.